What is the Business Academy?
The Business Academy provides placement opportunities in the work place for young people who are interested in developing a career within the National Health Service. Non-clinical posts make up a large percentage of the workforce with plenty of different career pathways up to senior management level. Students are given the chance to work alongside professionals from a number of different departments.
Selection for the Business Academy is based around several connected factors.
- You must have a passion for working in an office environment
- A determination to work and study hard is absolutely essential.
- You will need to have good attendance in your current studies
- Be confident to step into a different department each week.
- Have the ability to work well with others,
- Possess excellent organisational skills and time management , as the placements will be in addition to any academic work that your school or college set you.
How do I apply to join the Business Academy?
If you are studying in Year 12 or 13 at a school or college in North Devon, and you wish to apply for a place on the Business Academy, you will be required to complete an application and attend a rigorous 30 minute value based recruitment interview. This will be the start of your learning, so do take time to fully complete the application especially the supporting information.
Finally, if you are successful in your interview, you will need to attend mandatory induction training prior to starting your first placement.
Once on the Business Academy where will I be placed?
Once you have gained a place on the Business Academy you will spend time on a rotational placement for 10 weeks (one day a week) in some of the following departments: Out-patients, Finance, Cancer services, Therapies administration, Communications, Informatics. You will have the unique opportunity to observe their role in the organisation and the policies and procedures they undertake.
Can I talk to somebody who may be able to give me more information about the Business Academy?
Yes – please speak to your tutor/teacher or contact: email@example.com.