What we can offer you
Our staff are amongst the happiest in the country. This is because we value the contribution they make and provide a supportive working environment including:
- Recognising that staff need to strike a healthy balance between work and home life
- Offering family friendly policies and flexible working arrangements
- Involving staff in developing services including the introduction of an Electronic Health Record
- Involving staff in developing new and innovative working arrangements
- Offering personal and professional development and training opportunities
- Providing occupational health and counselling services
- Providing a staff physiotherapy service
- Enforcing measures to protect staff from violence and harassment
- Providing a childcare voucher scheme
- Salary Sacrifice benefits eg home electronics, computers and phones, lease cars, bicycle scheme etc
- Achieving Mindful Employer status.
Pay terms and conditions of employment include:
- A minimum 27 days’ paid holiday plus bank holiday entitlement (pro rata for part-time staff)
- Paid sick leave increasing with length of service
- The option to join the NHS Pension Scheme – an excellent scheme with benefits that reflect length of service
- Flexible retirement
Training and development
All staff have access to training and development opportunities and are supported to create Personal Development Plans. These are used to identify training needs which can be met from the wide range of learning opportunities provided by the Workforce Development Department and include clinical skills, management development, coaching and mentoring, National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs), customer care, IT skills and much, much more.
There is a wide range of career options in the NHS – not all jobs need formal qualifications and they are not all clinical posts – we have secretaries and personal assistants, administrators, IT, HR, finance, accountants and therapy/nursing support posts. This is by no means a complete list – to check out the full range of employment opportunities within the NHS, please see www.nhscareers.nhs.uk.
If you have a degree, then do have a look at www.whatcanidowithmydegree.nhs.uk for more information.
If you about to leave school or college, www.stepintothenhs.nhs.uk is the perfect starting point for finding out all you need to know.
If you are considering a career in nursing or just want more information, then log onto www.nhscareers.nhs.uk/nursing.