The NDHT Salaried Dental Service operates within 7 locations based across Exeter, East, Mid and North Devon. The service provides excellent oral health services that are built around the patient. It is also responsible for developing and delivering community based approaches to keep people healthy. These services are mainly commissioned by NHS England.
The current service provision incorporates five broad work streams;
- special care dental service
- specialist dental services including general anaesthesia, sedation and primary care oral surgery
- urgent care dental service
- oral health promotion
- oral screening and epidemiology
Care is provided from dental access centres, community hospitals and health clinics across Devon utilising the skills of Dentists, Dental Therapists and Oral Health Promotion Practitioners. The special care patient base is derived from recalled patients and referrals from a variety of dental, health and social care professionals.
As a dentist working for NDHT you will join a motivated, multi-professional team, dedicated to providing high quality dental care and improving the patient experience.
We are proud to be an organisation which is focused on our people and we are able to offer an array of education, training and development opportunities, enabling you to achieve your career goals and to expand them even further. This includes;
- an annual education bursary to support personal and professional development
- career development support
- re-validation CPD
- access to a managed clinical network
- a clinical supervision programme including case reviews
- involvement in clinical audit
In addition to working with a fantastic patient-focused team of professionals and having the opportunity to contribute to the direction and development of the service, you’ll be working in an environment where you’ll be free to do your best work, alongside supportive and like-minded clinicians.
As if this wasn’t enough, our package also includes:
- competitive salary
- NHS contributory pension scheme
- a generous education allowance
- reduced indemnity costs
- relocation expenses
- childcare vouchers
- lease car scheme
- cycle to work scheme
- NHS discounts across a wide range of retailers
How to apply
We welcome people who share our values to come and work with us. You can apply for any of the dental roles advertised here. If you can’t find the role that you are looking for, we’d still love to hear from you so please contact our friendly recruitment team by emailing email@example.com or calling 01271 349111 for an informal chat.